Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's Friday Night, and the feelin's right! Oh What A Night

This weekend has been hellaaaaa busy! So much goin on, I'll stick with Friday for the time being.

Sooo as one should know, I had my Bio exam! It was so tough, even with all the studying, I am going to have to start studying earlier and harder this time. The exam took up all my day up to 2 o clock studying stuff.

Afterwards, I hit up the practice soccer fields with Jimmy, Will, and Jim McG to relieve some stress from the exams. As we walked onto the pitch we met some scrubs that were kicking around, and we asked them to play a game with us. They agreed.

And then I ripped the ball....it dinged the post and went in. Then the four of us proceeded to take rips until they decided against playing. Pussies lol.

But we met up with our French friends + Seye the african from Bridgeport and some kid JJ from Haiti. We split into teams and had a pretty legit game with NH + Haiti vs all. There was some dispute over which ball to use about halfway through the game (the balls we brought were like rocks from being recently pumped up, theirs was as flat as could be) and we switched to their ball.

Fun Fact about playing with flat balls: everyones touch goes to shit.

It did produce a funny moment though--Jimmy tried to settle the ball, and it bounced away from him. Trying to save the possession, he ripped an off balance shot that veered wayyy to the right. At this point in the story, allow me to backtrack to when we first got there. Lo and Behold the whole softball team was having practice right behind the soccer fields, which made going after missed shots a real pain in the @$$. Literally, as Jimmy kicked the ball, one of the softball pitchers started her windup, and about midway through she totally got slammed in the face with the soccer ball. I would guesstimate that she was down for about a good five minutes, which is about half as long as the time everyone spent laughing at her and Jimmy.

Anyways, from there we headed up to see St Johns, #1 in the nation, vs your UConn huskies in soccer. You already know how ya boi Toni Stahl does, he was not about to let some "scrub" (to his standards) team come up and do him like that. He sent them packing for a nice 1-0 loss, courtesy of a header by Kwame Watson-Siriboe, our resident 6 foot 4, 225 pound of muscle captain defender. Josh Ford was a maniac in goal, actually going completely horizontal at one point about 5 or 6 feet in the air to make a save. Ridiculous.

And the new highlight of my UConn career: after the game we waited for all the players to come out with the goal patrol, and Jim and I had a black hug with Kwame Watson-Siriboe!!!! Literally, the conversation went something like this:

Kwame: (embracing me) "Bro, thanks for coming to the game, you're my best friend ever and I want you to know that any time you want you can party with me."
Me: I know.


...Ok maybe not exactly like that but you get the idea. Goal Patrol FTW

Then hit up Carriage like usual. Ill post Saturday tomorrow haha kkkkkkkkkkkk

No comments:

Post a Comment