Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Memory

I've been spending a lot of time with my grandparents lately, and one of the first conversations that I can actually remember was with my grandma. I remember I was probably about in that 4,5, maybe even 6 range. Her mom had just passed away, and being the innocent little guy that I was, I didn't quite understand the concept of death. To my knowledge, death was to put it generally, sad. Everyone that knows someone that died in my eyes was always sad, and thus death was sad. =/

So I saw my grandmother sitting at the table, looking pretty sad and I remember my mom trying to make me understand the gravity of what had happened. I went up to my grandma, and told her I was sorry (as far as I can remember), and then with a deadass serious look on my face, I promptly asked her if she had died by walking off of a cliff like in Looney Toons.

Another thing I knew about death: If one were to fall off a cliff like in Looney Toons, then you could bet your ass that you were going to die lol!

Thankfully, my grandma thought it was funny lol and I got a laugh out of her ftw lol

But yea, random memory.

I slept over their house on Wed. to keep my grandpa company and watch some old movies with him lol, solid night, solid night. The cousins will appreciate this; there was a Frank Astaire and Ginger Rogers Marathon on, and at the start of the show Papa would be like, "Oh, I think that's Fred Astaire. He was a great dancer let me tell you."

And then fall asleep.

And then wake up and watch the end of the movie. "What's on next? Oh this looks like a Fred Astaire movie, Ohhh he was a very famous dancer back in my time."

Cue him falling asleep and re-waking once more lol. "Oh is that Frank...no what was it Astaire, Fred Astaire that's it. He was a famous movie star when I was growing up, boy I'll tell ya *insert indiscernible jabber* great dancer."

haha Gotta Love It!

No comments:

Post a Comment