Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Success

My heart pounds as I stare at my bright, Sony Vaio laptop screen in the library. Laura is talking to me--I pay her absolutely no attention, all I'm getting from her is akin to what Charlie Brown hears from his teachers.

A bead of sweat drops down my forehead...I've never been more nervous in my entire life, I'm even more nervous than before a track race at States.

One thing is for sure though--my adrenaline is pumping, and as every Brown knows, once the adrenaline flows, failure is not an option.

What could possibly be making me so focused? SEASON TICKETS FOR UCONN BASKETBALL WERE ON THE LINE.

Basically, UConn can only sell so many season tickets, and due to the large number of prospective buyers, they have to do a lottery system where your name gets put in once if one is a freshmen, twice if a sophomore, three times if a junior, and four times if a senior. Now, out of the winners, a decent amount of people forget, or just don't pick up their tickets for whatever reason. These tickets are resold on October 5th at 10:00 pm. So literally a thousand people across campus are vying for those last tickets, could I, the unlucky guy that I am, pick up the tickets!?!?

Hellz Yeah lol, GOT EMMMMM YA BOI GOT HIS MOTHA EFFIN TICKETS ON THE REAL

Such an epic win, can't even explain it haha. After I got them, we went upstairs (myself, laura, and lyly) and took a seat at this table next to these two upperclassmen trying to get tickets. What jokes, they didnt land them!! lol so I cocked the computer screen facing them (not obviously) with my order confirmation email lol because let's face it, with such a big victory, a little rubbin' it in has to come with the territory.

Later that same night, Jimmy and I head out for a little fire chat at around 12. As we pass the trail by Jorgensen, we run into four kids walking the same way. One of the guy grabs Jimmy and I by the neck, clearly inebriated, and starts walkin with us like we've been friends for years. Apparently, it's the guys 21st birthday and he's extremely gone. We make friends with him though and find out who he is, apparently he's some big shot (may or may not be true) that is a senior, and was the N in UCONN at the football games lol. His friends were all sober lol so they were lookin out for him. He must have asked us if we were drinking a million times because we had gatorade bottles, but we kindly reminded him that it was a monday night lol. Anyways, we walked them back to South campus (more by necessity than anything else--he still had his arms around our necks) and he offered us a beer. Not wanting to get caught, we turned it down lol. The guy was crazy, but it definitely was something different haha, after that we were right by West so we hit up McGrath and talked in the Gazebo till about 2 a.m. before we headed home. Good Night lol

No comments:

Post a Comment