Sunday, August 23, 2009

Club Tryouts

I'm so excited for Uconn to start in four days! It's such a surreal feeling...I'm not sure what to expect at all which to be perfectly honest makes me a little nervous. This is the first time I'm really going to be on my own, in a couple of senses actually, without Geoff or anyone in my family to rely on. Can I make it at such a big school? Will I adjust to college life? I'll sum it up with the wise words of Drizzy J Rogers "I just wanna be - I just wanna be successfullll".

But enough philosophical thoughts, lets get straight to it

I've decided to try out for the Uconn Men's Club Soccer Team! It was a last minute decision--really I just made it about an hour ago lol, but I'm excited. Time to cram in some training!! Jim's going to try out with me too, moreso with the hopes of meeting Toni Stahl than actually making the team. I think it will be fun--I'm not actually expecting to make it because I am wayyy out of soccer shape and I haven't really touched the ball alot this summer, but it'll be a cool experiance for sure. I will definitely be posting the rigours of tryouts in the days to come. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment